Your 2018 tax return
It’s almost the end of financial year, are you organised? Our team at Online Tax Return have put together a tax checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything vital to lodging.
The Tax Checklist
All those lodging a tax return need to provide at least:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Their individual tax file number (TFN)
Tax Income and Expenses
You’ll also need to provide additional information.
This could include:
- Your payment summaries from any employers, superfunds, Centrelink or any other income source;
- Statements from financial institutions (or banks) indicating any interest received;
- Foreign pension or income details;
- Employment termination payment summaries;
- Details of any child support payments made;
- Receipts for work related expenses, charity donations and income protection insurance
- Logbook and receipts for work related Motor vehicle expenses
- Private health insurance statement
- If you have a spouse, you’ll also need their details including taxable income
Your banking details (BSB and account number) are required to receive any funds.
The Tax Office no longer issues refunds by cheque.
If you own a rental property, you’ll need to provide:
- Rental income earned;
- Interest charged on money borrowed for the property; and
- Expenses relating to the property.
If you have shares, units, managed funds or investments, you’ll need to provide:
- Dividend payments and distributions from investments; and
- Dividends and distributions statement from investments.
Ready to lodge your tax return?
Online Tax Return is open year-round so that we can assist you no matter the
time of year. Better still, we can help you to catch up on missed tax returns.
Simply fill out the form below and one of our helpful staff will be in contact to assist.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to
provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice.